Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yellowstone National Park


I went to Yellowstone National Park. It’s the very first National Park in the United States. I can understand why it’s a special place. It’s right on top of a volcano, so the heat from below boils the water underground and sends it blowing up through the earth. Have you ever heard of Old Faithful? It’s a geyser. I saw it erupt. It spewed water over 125 feet into the air. I even got a little wet, but the water wasn’t hot by the time it sprayed me.


I saw lots of other strange sights. Did you know there is a place in Yellowstone named after me? It’d called Biscuit Basin. It has all kinds of geysers, boiling ponds, and hot mud pits. It’s kind of a strange place, but I like that it has the same name as me. Here's a picture of me at one of the hot springs at Biscuit Basin.


I saw lots of animals in Yellowstone, like bison, elk, and coyote. They were all pretty big animals, so I just stayed really quiet in the car and watched from a distance.




We went on a hike to see a special waterfall in a place called the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. It was a long hike, and we had to walk carefully along cliffs on the rim of the canyon. I really like to hike. There’s always something new to see.

1 comment:

  1. Biscuit in the foreground of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is about as precious a photo gets. But I think I would've looked cute in the same position ;)

    ReplyDelete