Sunday, September 20, 2009

On my way

Hello, my name is Biscuit. I’m a dog, and I’m on the small size. I’m from North Carolina where I live with a little girl named Hana and a boy named Sam. My people friends, Emily and Gideon, are taking me on a road trip across the United States. Hana and Sam said I could go. This is the story of my adventure.


Our first stop was Chicago. We went to the zoo and I saw lions, giraffes, and bears. I wanted to play with the lions, but they were sunning themselves and didn’t want company. I also went on a long walk along the shores of Lake Michigan. Lake Michigan is so big, it seems like the ocean. The city of Chicago is built right on the shores of the lake. It sure is a pretty city, but it’s also really windy. Emily had to hold me tight so I didn’t end up in the lake!


That night, we slept over at Joelie Belle and William’s house. I felt shy, so I just watched them play. They had new Halloween costumes and were running all around the house in them. I wonder what I should be for Halloween.

On our second day in Chicago, we went to a museum called the Field Museum. There was a big T-Rex skeleton named Sue. She was kind of scary, but I was brave and had my picture taken with her.


After the museum, we went on another long walk to the Navy Pier, which was like a bridge that jutted into the lake. The Navy Pier had a great big Ferris Wheel, but I was too short to ride on it.


Yesterday we drove from Chicago all the way to the middle of South Dakota. There wasn’t much to see until we got to the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota. It was a great big building decorated with corn! I’ve never seen anything like it; neither had Emily or Gideon.



Last night was my first night camping out in a tent. It was fun. Emily let me sleep in her sleeping bag with her to keep warm.

Today we went to the Badlands National Park in South Dakota. It was a really rocky place. I didn’t want to get lost down in those rock canyons, so I stayed close to Emily and Gideon. We saw a bison, pronghorns, and I got to meet a prairie dog. I think he liked me.





After the Badlands, we went to the Black Hills. There I saw Mount Rushmore, a big mountain with four presidents’ faces carved into it. Do you know the names of those presidents?

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious!! I can't believe that biscuit got to meet a prarie dog! What a lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity poor widdle Biscuit couldn't ride the ferris wheel. I was looking so hard at the picture and finally saw little short stuff way down low. (Emmy, I almost fell off my chair at work laughing. Yo mamma truly thinks this is soooo cute!)

    ReplyDelete