Saturday, October 3, 2009

Victoria


I rode on another big ferry to a place called Victoria. Victoria is in British Columbia, Canada. I have never been to Canada before. It's pretty here, but kind of rainy. Victoria is the capital of the province of British Columbia. Provinces are like states. The city has big fancy government buildings.

This area used to be home to many Native American people. Some still live here, but not as many as before. They made totem poles, which are tall carvings of animals and people stacked one on top of another. I got to see a bunch of totem poles around the town. I saw more at the Museum of British Columbia. If I could make a totem pole, I would carve all the animals I have seen on this trip!


After the museum, Emily and Gideon went shopping for a bit. They got a big ice cream sundae and fancy chocolates at an old fashion store called Roger's. I couldn't have any chocolate or ice cream because it's not good for dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment