Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oregon


Oregon is a great state! I went to the beach, to the city, and climbed a big mountain here.


In the city I went to a very special garden. It was a Japanese garden which is different than any garden I've seen in the United States. It seemed so perfect. It made me feel very calm when I walked through it. I even met a new friend at the garden. She was from Japan.


I climbed to the top of the third highest mountain in Oregon. It's called South Sister and is 10,365 feet tall--that's almost 2 miles higher than the ocean! It was a long, difficult climb, but I did it. It was very windy and cold at the top of the mountain. Did I mention that the mountain is a volcano? Don't worry, it hasn't erupted for thousands and thousands of years.


I think Oregon might be my favorite state yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment